Union Pacific #844 Fantastic Pacing Shots!
High balling UP 844 gives us magnificent pacing shots!
Union Pacific’s 844 driving wheels are working overtime as the locomotive careens down the tracks!
Although a bit shaky at times, you can really feel the excitement of these two railfans as they pace along side UP 844 in their convertible car.
They even pan down to the dashboard speedometer to show the 70 mph speed of the train!
Shot near Dalles, Oregon, Union Pacific 844 is high balling eastward towards the city of Boardman, Oregon.
- Rail Line: Union Pacific
- Train Name: UP steam engine 844
- Power type: 4-8-4 Steam Locomotive FEF-3 class
- Builder: American Locomotive Company
- Train type: Passenger
- Locomotive and tender weight: 907,890 lbs
- Tractive effort: 63,750 lbf
If you’ve ever taken a ride on the UP 844 or a train like this let us know in the comments below! Would love to hear your experience on this classic piece of history!