Nevada Northern Railway’s #40
You can actually rent this locomotive #40 and the freight cars with it!
Step back in time and witness the Queen of Steam ” winding through tunnels and up 2.5% grades in the snow covered northern Nevada desert.
Baldwin locomotive #40, known as the Queen of Steam is housed at the machine shop in Ely, Nevada. Known as one the best preserved facilities for historic locomotive repair and maintenance, the machine shop at Ely, Nevada houses other locomotives and cars as well.
- Rail Line: Nevada Northern Railway
- Train Name: Baldwin Eureka
- Power type: 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive
- Builder: Baldwin Locomotive Works
- Train type: Freight/Passenger
- Location: Northern Nevada
If you’ve ever taken a ride on the #40 Baldwin or a train like this let us know in the comments below! Would love to hear your experience on this classic piece of history!