Nickle Plate # 765 Berkshire Type 2-8-4
Set in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the Nickle Plate Road provides fantastic scenery!
Nickel Plate Road’s S-2 Berkshire type 2-8-4 steam locomotive #765 gives us a great display of the golden age of steam! Now serving as an excursion train, she is part of the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad which is one of the top 10 excursion railways in the United States.
Nickel Plate #765 was one of 55 Berkshire class locomotives that the Nickle Plate Road acquired during World War II in addition to the first 15 Berkshire (2-8-4) locomotives that were purchased in 1934.
- Rail Line: Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, Ohio
- Train Name: Nickel Plate Road #765
- Power type: 2-8-4 Steam Locomotive Berkshire Class
- Builder: Lima Locomotive Works
- Build Date: 1944
- Drivers: 69 inch
- Locomotive and tender weight: 440,800 lbs
If you’ve ever taken a ride on the Nickel Plate Road #765 or a train like this let us know in the comments below! Would love to hear your experience on this classic piece of history!