Caterpillar Climbs Railcar To Unload Rock!
Ever wonder how you get your hydraulic excavator onto your railcar?
The Caterpillar 319D LN is just the ticket when it comes to unloading crushed rock! Seen here in Kansas City, the driver of this hydraulic excavator seems to have done this plenty of times!
Using a combination of well timed and careful moves, the operator shows excellent skill in climbing and rotating the equipment in carefully until he reaches his goal.
Some Quick facts about the Caterpillar 319D LN
Caterpillar 319D LN climbing onto a rail car to unload crushed rock in Kansas City.
- overall length – 28.90 feet
- height – 10.2 feet
- maximum cutting height with bucket extended – 28.9 feet
- maximum reach with bucket extended – 18 feet
- Tracks – 8.5 long and 12 feet wide
- cab height to the top of the cab – 9.4 feet
Let us know if you have ever seen a railcar being unloaded in such a manner! We would love to hear about your experience!