Union Pacific #4014 Headed To Denver
After 60 years, the “holy grail” of locomotives is back on the high iron!
As part of the inaugural tour , Big Boy 4014 is shown pacing from Limon to Denver, Colorado.
Rescued from her display in Pomona, California, she was moved to the Union Pacific Steam Shop in Cheyenne back in May of 2014
Quick Facts about UP Big Boy 4014
- Service date: Built in 1941 for Union Pacific Railroad, retired in 1961.
- Locomotive nickname: ” Big Boy “
- Power type: 4-8-8-4 Steam Locomotive Class 4000
- Builder: American Locomotive Company
- Locomotive and tender weight: 1,250,000 lbs
- Max Speed: 80 mph
Please let us know if you are witnessing this event in person. We all would love to hear you comments!