Triple Header On The Strasburg Rail Road
Special day at the Strasburg Railroad in the rain!
Chartered in 1832, the Strasburg Railroad is the oldest continuously operating railroad in the United States!
Quick facts about Strasburg Steam Locomotives:
Strasburg #90 – Strongest and largest of the Strasburg fleet.
- Built in 1924 by Baldwin Locomotive Works
- Great Western Railway
- Locomotive weight 212,000 lbs
- 2-10-0 “Decapod” wheel configuration
- Top speed of 50 Mph
Strasburg Norfolk & Western 475 – Oldest locomotive in the Strasburg fleet.
- Built in 1906 by Baldwin Locomotive Works
- Norfolk & Western Railway
- Tractive effort 40,163 lbf
- 4-8-0 “Mastodon” type wheel configuration
- Driver diameters 56 inches
Strasburg # 89 – The fastest in the Strasburg fleet.
- Built in 1910 by the Canadian Locomotive Company
- Canadian National Railway
- Tractive effort 26,300 lbf
- 2-6-0 wheel configuration
- Driver diameters 63 inches
Let us know if you have ever had the chance to visit the Pennsylvania Dutch country to see this great railroad. We would love to hear about your experience!