Railfans Get Smoked Out At The Tharandt Incline
The 15th Dresden Steam Locomotive Meeting brings out the railfans!
Tharandt Incline is a 1.8% grade outside of the Tharandt municipality in Saxony, Germany. They recently held their 15th Annual Steam Locomotive Meet much to the delight of their railfans.
Quick Facts on the DBR Class 52-8154
- maximum speed: 50 mph
- Train Name: Decapod DR Class 50.35
- Power type: 2-10-0 Steam Locomotive
- Builder: BMAG 1941 – 1950
- Train type: Freight/Passenger
- Location: Germany
- Locomotive and tender weight: 125 tons
Let us know if you have ever attended this steam fest. We would love to hear about your experience!