Pere Marquette #1225 Hi Balls In Winter
The Pere Marquette #1225 a 2-8-4 Berkshire locomotive is the sister locomotive to the Nickle Plate Road’s #765.
She is owned by the Michigan State Trust for Railway Preservation and is used for rail excursions on the Great Lakes Central Railroad.
#1225 is the same locomotive that inspired the book and Warner Brother’s movie The Polar Express!
Her blueprints were used as a prototype along with her sounds for the locomotive in the movie.
- Rail Line: Great Lakes Central Railroad
- Train Name: Pere Marquette #1225 (Berkshire)
- Power type: 2-8-4 Steam Locomotive class N-1
- Builder: Lima Locomotive Works 1941
- Locomotive and tender weight: 727,300 lbs
- fuel type: coal
If you’ve ever taken a ride on the Pere Marquette #1225 excursion or a train like this let us know in the comments below! Would love to hear your experience on this classic piece of history!