Drone Shots Of NZR Ab 608 High Balling
The restored Ab 608 “Passchendaele” in all her glory!
Drones give us a magnificent view of this historic locomotive as she makes her way across the beautiful New Zealand countryside!
Filmed high overhead as the Ab 608 roars across the green fields with her red cars and white steam billowing upwards, you get a truly unique view of this locomotive.
The Ab 608 Passchendaele was the given to this locomotive to commemorate the more than 5000 railway men that served overseas during World War I. Out of that total, 450 railway men were killed. Passchendaele is located in Europe and was the sight of great sacrifice during the war.
- Rail Line: New Zealand Railways
- Locomotive name: Ab 608 Passchendaele War Memorial Locomotive
- Power type: 4-6-2 Pacific type Ab class
- Builder: NZGR Addington Workshops
- Build Date: 1915 (restored by Steam Incorporated)
- Locomotive and tender weight: 87.4 tons
- Maximum speed: 60 mph
Let us know if you have seen this locomotive on excursion of have attended any steam festivals to see her! We would love to hear your comments!