Big Boy #4014 Zero to Forty In Three Minutes
Great pacing action as Big Boy #4014 opens it up in Wyoming!
Of the 25 Big Boys that were built, all but 8 were scrapped, unfortunately.
Quick Facts about UP Big Boy 4014
- Rail Line: Union Pacific
- Driver diameters:-68 inches
- Power type: 4-8-8-4 Steam Locomotive Class 4000
- Builder: American Locomotive Company 1941
- Coal Consumption: 22,000 lbs per hour (converted to #5 oil)
- Locomotive and tender weight: 1,250,000 lbs
- Max Speed: 80 MPH !
Let us know if you have seen Big Boy 4014 in person. We would love to hear about your experience!