Vintage Grand Trunk Western’s #6325
Rare footage of the locomotive that pulled President Harry S Truman’s election campaign train in 1948!
Since retired, Grand Trunk Railroad’s #6325 saw service as a dual purpose locomotive that could easily handle up to sixteen passenger cars or up to eighty freight cars. Being a Northern type locomotive with a 4-8-4 wheel arrangement, she had plenty of power.
She is currently housed at the Age of Steam Roundhouse in Sugarcreek, Ohio, as part of the Jerry Jacobson collection pending restoration.
Quick facts about Grand Trunk Western’s #6325
- Rail Line: originally built for the Grand Trunk Railroad
- Builder: ALCO – American Locomotive Works 1942
- Locomotive: Northern Type
- Wheel arrangement: 4-8-4
- Locomotive weight: 403,000 lbs
- Purpose: mixed freight and fast passenger service
If you’ve ever seen #6325 on the high iron we would love to hear your comments!