Lionel’s “O Gauge” Big Boy Replica Model Train
Now you can enjoy Big Boy and enjoy all of the sights and sounds in your own home!
Yes, we all had a Lionel train when we were growing up, but nothing like this!
This clip is a great review in high definition of this classic Big Boy 4-8-8-4 locomotive that the Lionel company has reintroduced into their premium “Vision Line” of model trains. This Big Boy is an O gauge model that is 34 inches in length, weighs 12 lbs. 7 oz., and pulls 3 lbs. 15oz.
The O gauge trains are 1/48th scale.
Although this clip is almost one hour long, you will really be amazed at the detail Lionel has put in this magnificent reproduction.
The “Vision Line” premium locomotives are Lionel’s top of the line reproductions and include extras not found in other trains. For instance, they include their LEGACY control system that lets you use a remote control for speed and other adjustments down to 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed!
Some of the other fun things you will find with this locomotive and the Legacy control system are :
- Crew talk dialog and TowerCom announcements!
- DynaChuff synchronized chuffing that shifts through 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed.
- New feature – Four chuffs per drive wheel revolution with stereo sounds!
- New feature – A depleting coal load tender that responds to actual running time of the locomotive as well as engine speed!
- New feature – Whistle Steam smoke effect in sync with whistle sound!
Let us know what you think of the beautiful reproduction or if you are currently running this locomotive. We would like to hear your feedback!
Video Credit: Eric Siegel of Eric’s Trains