Durango & Silverton RR K-37 #493
The Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad & Museum covers approximately 45 miles of track between Durango and Silverton, Colorado and operates year round.
Built between 1881 and 1882, The Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad is the oldest continuously operating steam engine line in the United States!Advertisement
Located in the
Notice the front of #493 has a snow wedge where the cow catcher would normally be!
- Rail Line: Durango and Silverton Railroad
- Locomotive: #493 Rio Grande Class K-37
- Power type: 2-8-2 locomotive
- Builder: American Locomotive Company
- Train type: Excursion
- Engine Weight : 223,550 Lbs
- Year Built: 1924
If you’ve ever taken a ride on the Durango & Silverton or a train like this let us know in the comments below! Would love to hear your experience on this classic piece of history!