CSX 9553 Cold Start
CSX #9553 short high hood comes to life!
CSX 9553 (formerly L&N 2817) is owned by the Southern Appalachia Railway Museum in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
Over 481 GE U23B diesel electric locomotives were built between 1968 and 1977.
Quick Facts about the
- current owner:Southern Appalachia Railway Museum/li>
- Locomotive : GE U23B medium power road swticher
- Power type: Diesel Electric
- Builder: GE Transportation Systems
- Loco weight: 242,000 lbs
- Max speed: 70 mph
- Tractive effort: 90,000 lbf
Let us know if you have seen this locomotive at the Southern Appalachia Railway Museum in Tennessee. We would love to hear about your experience!