Conway Scenic Railroad’s #7470 In Winter
The Conway Scenic Railroad is home to this one of kind steam locomotive!
Set in the spectacular snow covered scenery of New Hampshire, this Canadian National #7470 steam locomotive is the very first locomotive that the Conway Scenic Railroad owned and operated.
Built in 1921 by the Grand Trunk Railway Pointe St. Charles Shops in Montreal, Quebec, she was later acquired by the Canadian National Railway as #7470 in 1923.
Quick facts about CN #7470:
- Builder: Grand Trunk Railway-1921
- Driver diameters: 51 inches
- Tractive effort: 36,700 lbs
- Wheel arrangement: 0-6-0 Class 0-18-a
- Locomotive and tender weight: 152 tons
Let us know if you have ever had to chance to take an excursion ride on this one of kind railroad! We would love to hear about your experience!