Big Boy Takes On Archer Hill
Big Boy # 4014 rolls across the great plains of Wyoming to Kansas City.
Big Boy #4014 gets star treatment in the beginning phase of Union Pacific’s second tour in as many years.
Of the 25 Big Boys that were built, all but 8 were scrapped.
Quick Facts about UP Big Boy 4014
- Rail Line: Union Pacific
- Driver diameters:-68 inches
- Power type: 4-8-8-4 Steam Locomotive Class 4000
- Builder: American Locomotive Company 1941
- Coal Consumption: 22,000 lbs per hour (converted to oil)
- Locomotive and tender weight: 1,250,000 lbs
- Max Speed: 80 MPH !
Let us know if you will be viewing Big Boy #4014 in person. We would love to hear about your experience!